Wednesday 8 May 2013

Celebrate your everyday accomplishments. Give yourself permission to feel great about YOU!

I have always said that the most important relationship in life is the one you have with yourself.  While I know this in my heart, my mind would have me think otherwise!! Just like any long term relationship after awhile we start to take ourselves for granted. We feel like our daily accomplishments are no longer accomplishments but a daily grind of necessities.  We view them as burdens and for some of us we feel that no matter what we do it is never good enough. It’s in this place that we stop valuing ourselves and give up on our dreams.  It’s also the place were we stop really living our lives.  One way I found to get back to valuing myself was to set a goal and accomplish it.  I had talked about organizing a Women In Business group for two years but couldn’t seem to actually do it.  Part of it is was fear of failure, fear of others expectations, and okay just plain FEAR!! Once I stood up to that rascal FEAR, organized it and followed through on it I began to believe in myself again. I also learned to celebrate the small things in my daily life.  Now after I clean my house, I light some candles sit down with a glass of wine and a book or magazine and just enjoy my home and the sense of accomplishment I feel.  It is often the small things that give us the most joy, cooking a good meal, going for a long walk, cleaning out a closet.  Why do these things make us feel good? because we feel a sense of accomplishment and purpose. Its always easy to focus on the negative (that is the human condition) but we need to change the way we think about our daily “necessities” and turn them into “accomplishments” then we will start building up that feeling of “believing we can do anything, be anything and achieve anything” that we all long for!!

I read this this morning in my Simple Abundance Daybook and love it – “We are all given a choice each day.  We can react negatively to the demands made on us or we can choose to live abundantly to transform the negative into the meaningful.  Attitude is all.  If I do not endow my life and my work with meaning, no one will ever be able to do it for me.  If I don’t recognize the value of what I am doing everyday no one else can.” - Sarah Ban Breathnach  http://simpleabundance.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment