Friday 3 May 2013

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind”-Dr Seuss


After I hit publish on the last post I realized I had again pushed myself out of my comfort zone.  It can be a little scary to “put yourself out there” and be vulnerable.  Guess its good that I can practise what I preach! That brings up another topic that is near and dear to my heart.  The need to always be true to yourself and let people see the REAL you. As a die hard people pleaser, this has not always been easy for me.  Often I would find myself not really saying what I was thinking or feeling and always putting everyone else’s needs and wants before mine.  Until one day someone said to me “why are everyone else’s needs more important than yours?”.  I didn’t know how to respond to this question because my answer was not pretty. In reality I didn’t feel worthy. I was able to figure out when I created this belief about myself and subsequently realized how ridiculous it was (as most negative belief’s we create about ourselves are).  I also thought that I would not like it if others in my life felt that they could not speak their true feelings to me.  In that moment I made a conscious decision that from this point on I would always speak my truth!  That’s why I love the Dr Seuss quote above and it is so true. I did find that when I spoke my truth there were certain people in my life that fell out of it and that others who had been merely acquaintances became better friends, and my connection with the important people in my life deepened.  This is the reason why it is so important to always let others see the REAL you.  If you want to draw the right people and things into your life then this should be your first step.  Fall in love with yourself, listen to love songs and imagine the other person to be the REAL you. Treat yourself to something that moves you, celebrate every little success that you have, do whatever makes you feel good about yourself. When you  learn to love yourself, speak your truth and let everyone see you for the beautiful person you are, everything in your life will fall into place.  None of this takes money, time or a material change, but don’t get me wrong it will take work and a commitment to you.  Believe me it does get uncomfortable along the way and it seems easier to just go back to the way we have always lived, but trust me the peace, contentment, freedom and love that it will bring into your life will definitely be worth it.  Make a commitment to yourself today. . . I challenge you!! You are worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment