Monday 17 February 2014

Feelings . . .your body doesn’t lie.

This past weekend I was feeling very overwhelmed by all of the changes that I have going on in my life.  I was really struggling with the obsessive nature of my thoughts and even meditation wasn’t bringing me much relief. Luckily I remembered a recent conversation I had with a Psychologist where she said “your feelings don’t lie”.  As a self professed “feeler” and pretty in touch with my physical body I decided to try something to find out what was at the heart of my struggle.  I laid down and did some deep breathing until I felt my whole body relax.  I focused on my heart and started asking questions.  Each time I asked a question I paid attention to the reaction in my physical body.  Finally I hit the jackpot!  The real issue made it self known loud and clear; my whole body went tense, I felt like someone had their hands around my throat and I started crying.  I knew then what was at the heart of my suffering.  At first I just allowed this feeling, I felt the pain, I watched how my body responded and I accepted that it was okay to feel this way.  Then I began to turn what was a perceived negative into a positive. I looked at the good that would come from this change and trusted that this is just one more thing that has to unfold for the good of everyone involved. I decided I would have a conversation with the person involved to share my feelings. This process released my pain and I felt able to move forward with strength and resolve.  (I also want to be clear that my "mind" would never have figured this out on its own. In my mind/thoughts I had been denying the real issue saying I was okay with it and I had put my negative feelings onto other aspects which as it turns out had nothing to do with it. Another confirmation for me that our thoughts/ego do not hold the answers, they only lead to further suffering.) 

So many times we become slaves to our emotions, we allow them to control us instead of using them as tools to look deeper and solve our own issues.  This is what I had been discussing last week with this same Psychologist, I just didn't know at the time how real it was going to be for ME.  Again the Universe gave me all of the information I needed to solve my own dilemma, I just needed to pay attention!! Always remember that all of the solutions are inside of you, don’t look outside of yourself, don’t blame, and don’t look for escapes, just pay attention.  Maybe it’s something someone says, or something you read in a book, a meaningful lesson learned from a movie, a personal encounter with someone or maybe just a thought that pops into your mind (a message from your own heart).  Any of these things and many others can offer so many clues to the answers you are seeking.  Awareness of your feelings, acceptance of them and releasing them, all steps on the ladder of personal growth. Let’s grow together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment