Tuesday 3 December 2013

Trust

Depending on what is going on in your life at this moment, the word TRUST may mean something different for each of us.  Regardless of its meaning  the emotion underlying it is very likely FEAR.  As I struggle with my own trust issues I look inside my heart to confront my own fears.  In this particular case it is fear for my emotional safety.  How do you open up to someone and trust them again when that safety has been compromised?  Emotional safety is not something that comes from your mind, it comes from your heart.  You can not "talk yourself out of it", it is either there or it is not you need to FEEL it.

Trust needs to be earned. I remember a very good friend of mine telling me that I was the only person who knew all of her secrets.  When I told her I was honoured by that she said, "you earned it by never judging me".  So what if someone does or says something to change this?  What if they judge you, treat you poorly, let you down or don't support you?  All of these are human reactions and can occur in even the best intentioned people.  So how do you get trust back? Is it possible or should you just accept it and move on? As always I like to look for my answers in the opposites and since the opposite (in my view) of both TRUST and FEAR is FAITH, I will need to call on faith to lead me.  One of my favourite quotes is: "In the end it will all be okay.  If its not okay then it is not the end."  It reminds me that my life here is a journey.  It is not about everything being perfect, it is about learning as much as I can about myself, living my destiny and purpose and in the end hopefully leaving this world a little bit better because I lived.

Today I will trust in the relationship I have with myself, let go of my fear and have faith that all will unfold as it needs to.  I hope you will do the same <3

No comments:

Post a Comment