Friday 9 August 2013

EnJOY. . . .the simple things.

So many times in our life we fail to enjoy the simple things.  All of the stress of our life, our thoughts, our relationship issues, our work just keep piling up and we become so bogged down that the things we really need to appreciate become onerous tasks.  I don’t know about you but I do not like this feeling. After some particularly emotionally challenging times in my life, I am totally ready right now to enjoy the simple things.  I have been finding new meaning in cleaning my house, cooking good clean food, spending quality time with my friends and family, reading, journaling and appreciating beauty. In the technology age, it is easy to become bombarded with social media, the internet, TV, etc. and we become so over stimulated that we have a difficult time calming our inner self and just ENJOYING.  It is the simplest things in life that can bring us the most JOY, eating a good meal, having a great conversation with a friend, cuddling your pet, reading a book to a child, a walk in nature, the list goes on and on (feel free to add your own).  Make the choice today to slow down, take off your stress goggles, see things differently, appreciate all that you have in your life and feel the JOY!    xo Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment