Saturday 15 June 2013

Dreams

This week I had lunch with a friend who finally took the first step in pursing one of his big dreams.  I was so happy for him and it is unbelievable how everything else is falling into place so he can fully realize this dream.  I love this, its what I live for!  He has wanted to move out of the city to a rural area for at least the past two years (maybe longer), but had been waiting for his investments to improve.  I suggested he should take at least one step to further his dream by visiting the area he wants to move to and seeing if it is still what he wants.  He did this, looked at some property, fell in love with a place and is working on securing a job so he can move there now, even without his investments paying off.  This is what its all about!! 

 
I do know from my own experience that as we get older it is sometimes hard to even know what our dreams are.  We become so focussed on the day to day, barely being able to think about tomorrow. Dreaming is a skill, learned by looking into ourselves to find the things we love. By having the courage to say “I deserve this”.  Dreams do not have to be realistic (that’s why they are called dreams), just the activity of dreaming alone can be  uplifting and fun.  Have you ever woken up from a particularly good dream feeling great?  It’s like watching a good movie and getting lost in the story.  Getting lost in your own story’s and dreams can do the same thing.  When I first started pondering my dreams, I couldn’t believe how difficult it was.  I was stuck in the dreams of reality.  When I was finally able to let my mind go and fill up with all kinds of dreams that’s where the real magic was.  It brought out that child like wonder in me, the “what if”.  Soon I had a whole list of dreams; to be a singer, to be a dancer, to be a motivational singer, to be an Anthropologist.  I might never be these things, but I do sing in my car, I dance at the club, I give my children pep talks and I have endless discussions with my friends on human behaviour.  I am living my dreams, its all in your perception!  Start dreaming today or take one small step towards fulfilling a dream . . .you are worth it! Karaoke anyone??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment